Fisheries Action Plan Workshop
- Category: General
- Last Updated: Saturday, 05 November 2011 17:14
- Written by Webmaster
- Hits: 2790
LFCC Fisheries & Conservation Action Plan Workshops.
This is your chance to have your say and your support is vital !!
Time: 09:00 to 16:30
Date 1: Saturday 24 September 2011 Risley Memorial Hall
Date 2: Tuesday 4 October 2011 Dinton Pastures Country Park
Workshop aim: to ensure the views of people with an interest in fisheries and conservation in the Loddon catchment are represented in an agreed integrated action plan. This plan may be used for a variety of purposes from linking Water Framework Directive actions, development of site fisheries management plans to attracting funds required to deliver larger scale or cumulative fisheries and conservation projects.
- raise awareness of WFD issues in the Loddon catchment
- plot issues at a location (s) on large scale maps of waters in the Loddon catchment (stillwaters, rivers and streams, Basingstoke Canal)
- cluster issues into generic problems or opportunities e.g. diffuse pollution or habitat degradation
- identify WFD issues and Loddon Consultative issues
- prioritise actions into short, medium and long term
- provide the platform for the draft LFCAP
LFCAP benefits – why take part?
- 1)Help secure a better environment for people and wildlife
- 2)Deliver an agreed integrated action plan for fisheries and conservation in the Loddon catchment from 2011 onwards
- 3)Deliver Water Framework Directive objectives to achieve good ecological status/potential
- 4)Give communities a useful reference for projects, research/monitoring and management
- 5)Provide an effective means to secure future funding
- 6)Take advantage of a tool box of techniques to address your fisheries and conservation issues
What to do next?
- ·Respond with your availability on both days as we need to book a venue large enough and plan sufficient helpers
- ·Consult with friends, colleagues or partners on what issues and opportunities affect fisheries and conservation in the Loddon catchment
- ·Attend one or two LFCC workshops on 24 September or 4 October 2011 and get your views recorded